vendredi 28 février 2014

Knowledge Gleaned



With time, (and cars,) it will be crushed to sand again.
 Knowledge gleaned:           
           
            1000 years of peace has already been achieved.

In ancient times people would walk the, nowadays touristic, paths to the top of the mountain to die there! Not everybody of course, don’t be so cathegoric! Yet some would start the mountain to go to their death. Truth be told it was the fantasy I had about dying when I was a teenager. I would fall from a very high mountain in a thunderstorm and never hit the ground. I guess it must speak to a very primal yearning.
Still what a feeling! What an experience! A journey into the next level of existence. I can’t keep myself from thinking it must have been a most incredible journey, the paradox of having to survive (with equipment much less comfortable than now) until the right place to die. And then transform into another state of being. Some must have believed they were becoming gods!
            During the day of the Incas emperors, society would organize itself according to rank and status. It was an accepted practice to bind the skull of growing children with diverse textiles to give them specific shapes, usually creating a more oblong form with the top of the skull protruding higher even. Another custom was to mummify kings and chiefs in a fetal position and put them in jars. The folk would then hang out with the dead, bringing them around in jars, feeding them and talking with them, to a point there would be tribes following the orders of dead people, each one having their own king. There would be fights between different groups because each one believed their king was the king, even if there was a king alive at the time.

Happy... Happy!
            Yo do not need to do anything to go very fast (the earth spinning very fast) I got a taste of that when I looked into a telescope for the first time in my conscious life and saw Jupiter move out of the focal very fast! Same thing as the last few seconds of a sunset, each one comes faster and faster!
            Time is our creation and we have to go to great lengths to keep it alive. I don’t even see the point (yes my brain capacities do allow me to understand all rational excuses) we tend to naturally forget about it.
Aren’t they the best of experiences when we forget “how long we have been here” or “oh my it is that time already”. We should just give it up. Keep the days more or less. I mean we are off by 8 minutes per year even with the leap day shenanigans and uneven months, plus our time is based on the sun not the universe or even our galaxy. Of course there’s atomic clocks but it is still based on subjective things such as the movement of our planet the beating of our heart etc. How can one believe it is so structured, so rigid, so necessary when we never, ever experience the same moment? All moments are different! Always! How come we want to have illusion of standards? And don’t get me started on the necessity of having standards in the actual state of the world. Doesn’t mean I wont behave;-)

Punctual Rain
            The other day I discovered the San Blas neighborhood, very much bohème. I actually walked past a handmade instrument store (une lutherie) and well, I ventured inside, and the woman said “the owner’s here I’ll bring him”. I answered something alike “fuldubuls…. What ehh.. okay… bidiubudup” I was scared of being engaged, of committing...if only to meet a creator, even!
 It is cute how with smartphones and “fast” medias, I believe it is has become harder to commit. You have to confirm 20 billion times now and you can withdraw at the last minute, simply by forcing a text alike "sorry but I won’t make it." I liked the childhood when you would plan a few days before and then be there. And If you weren’t, you would have a real reason or loose a bit of esteem (I guess that still happens). Also when you called someone you would call the family, you had to have balls and well it was more secure in a way. You would also get to meet a group of people by calling one, not meeting hand picked people. Seemed more rich. Less of a problem meeting parents too. Nowadays you can just spring up on your parents “ I have been with someone for months, here (s)he is!” How weird is that? (it’s also kinda fun too, honestly)

Do you feel like the "Special Airport" menu?

Was our word worth more? Were we more able to commit? Maybe we were more patient. Had a longer span of attention? I like setting up a meeting for a week later and actually being there one week later with no further contact, but I have been feeling the uncertainty in the eyes of other party. Yet I must confess, I recently stood up somebody (I believe it might be the first time since very long, if not my conscious life). In the past I have called last minute to cancel, I have avoided people but I very rarely stood up someone. And well saying all this, I just stood up somebody recently. Tee-hee Truth be told only days before I had more or less a how do you say? “Understanding” we would meet at a place I’ll call “A” and when I produced myself, there were not there, which is kinda too bad for they seemed interesting. And well I suggested a meet at “A” with some other persons a week later but arrived 30min-1 hour late and they were not there, I probably was scared of being stood up again.  Well both parties were a bit unsure and I guess that’s what happens when nobody is clear. Now the place is becoming really weird to me.
What is fun is that we have no way of communicating and we do not know each other’s last names and supposedly they already left Cuzco. So I will never know if I did stand (?) them up, or if I managed to create a situation in which I am stood up but do not realize it!

You can't escape happiness, power and prosperity

            So yeah, it’s not because it IS possible to plan ahead and have a meeting without confirming that it will forgo every possibility of randomness. I am just a bit confused at how we got to become so whimsical, to have a hard time planning ahead. A hard time committing (although I can appreciate someone telling me that they are not in a position to commit, I always enjoy consciousness anyways;-)

I wonder why he came around.

Actually a pretty cool dog.

It is a question of scale I guess. We can plan for trips weeks ahead, but a meeting one week ahead without confirmation seems quite rare nowadays. I believe the ones with more experience than me can relate to that quite easily, and you probably still do it often. Simply seems like it is harder for my generation to abide by one word without having to confirm. Which goes back to the aforementioned sentence. If I say something, If I offer, it stands at least a modest amount of time. It has some backbone against the trial of time. Ohh scary I’m putting down in words (and publishing) somewhat of a commitment.

Love you all!

Ps. Yeah! I played music with the Luther for half an hour and had a very nice moment! With altitude, blowing and pleasure I left quite “tappsy” (happy tipsy without alcohol, yeah?)


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire