lundi 3 février 2014

Intense moments


Reflections on a church. a thought towards mom



Glacial sundown atop rockfeller center





Light up! Light down


Intense moments:

No illusion is without failure
Here’s like a posterior foreword. Everything so fast is the resumé of ONLY three weeks. Truth be told more like 42 days of crazyness. But it has only been 19 since I left. Upcoming is a flurry of different blog posts mixed up in date and time, language and rhythm. New york was very intense too and  I barely had time to sit down and write (all of my own choosing of course). And I find myself again in a spot where I want to share so much more but Leading the life sometimes takes all the time. So an upcoming week of retrospective writings a videos (I still have not uploaded all of the ones from the boat!) but since I am tired and this takes time I'll post plenty of pictures instead;-) note they are all from New York.


all of this is very normal








































I’ll spend 6 hours per day learning Spanish (before homework) and hopefully will have a little time to spend feeding blogs and vlogs.

Wolf imbedded in time, hint of wilderness in the midst of "organised society"

The ride to cusco was really incredible and now that I think of it the whole “big fat yesterday” (as the trip from new york to cusco sits in my memory) was a lot less tyring than I thought. Left glacial new york for jfk around 10 am. Plane leaved at 1:20 pm. When I went to check in the told me I could not enter Peru without a return date so I had to bye a ticket right there and then! Not stressfull at all. Good thing I knew what I wanted! So departure at 1:20 3 hour flight. At fort Lauderdale I discovered that I just came out of the gate I had to embark, same plane!


A residential Building near Central park at sundown

Arrival at Lima around 11:45 pm (scheduled 11:22) arrive at the reception area but nobody. Waited until 1 am then I called the guy, the taxi had apparently dropped the ball. So the hostel’s owner himself came and picked me up. Real nice guy too!


Cold Light

Slept from 2 to 8. Then to the bus station around 12h and took the bus at 2pm arrived next day around 12h but then the host family mom was there and everything went fine.
Went to class this afternoon and learned the very basics of Spanish. Started loosing myself, figured I would find a way back but then saw the size of the city, and had to admit to backtracking (a very rare sight, scott backtracking).

Anyways, advice a roomie gave me saved the evening. And thanks to the fact I took more time to get back I got to see an undocumented but amazing sundown. You know when Looking at a sundown over a plane of water sometimes you get to see all sorts of purple and pink and oragnes and deeps blues on one side of the sky. Well, in Cusco, ladies and gents, it surrounds you with an incredible palet of rich colours amazing and beautiful.


Now sleep I have been living without an alarm clock hope I will make it to class at 8h30 motmorrw!


Crossing the night


3 commentaires:

  1. Trop beau! Beautiful - such fun following you as you discover the world!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. cool stuff cuz. glad i checked out your blog. look forward to reading more!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hey Gregg, it is an honor! hope everything is dandy your side of the globe!

      Supprimer