dimanche 23 mars 2014

The Thrill Edition #1!


Sexy and hungry!

Okay folks this is the thrill edition!
  So as I was walking back home after a very enjoyable evening, filled with beauty, laughter, time flying by, much other joys of life and beauty, I decided that I was fancying smoking a cigar in the main plaza fountain. Took a picture with Josue and Oscar, two liman gentlemen passing by, in town for three weeks (was fun to be able to welcome them). Dismounted socks and shoes, paying attention to not lose that 100 soles billI often carry if the night gets expensive. (Hint hint, object important to the plot!) 
As I was savoring cigar feet in water, I saw a tourism police car park in my line of sight. Officers vacated the vehicle as I was refreshing my magnificent pedes, enjoying the benediction of Big Jesus alight. As they came forward it soon became obvious I was the main proponent of their attention, my understanding of the situation neared alongside. I unplugged enthralling music and cautiously walked forward as the fountain’s floor, not unlike the situation, was slippery.
            Comprehension was not shy as it must have been a crime to gently soak my feet in a beautiful fountain, mid night willing. A question of mine was answered at that moment, the turism police is also the one in charge of arresting the turists!

Dragon hiding in the street rocks

            Answered their questions, I am from Switzerland, I do not carry my passport (when I go out in a fresh city where I might drink alcohol not knowing where the night will take me.) my shoes are right there, I am now boarding your vehicle.
            Really? lots of paper work? 24 hour detention for putting my feet in water? The police station is far away? Are there other options?
            And I got to experience the first time when haggling seemed important. I took the bait to use a small trick a really cool woman I met earlier had shared with me. I explained how I live in Cusco and am a “very nice and innocent” volunteer at the Maria Salome Ferro Orphanage on avenida Grau,
            Actually proposing the “no paper work 100 soles fine” was really fun, quite a thrill. Felt like when you are a teenager and asking a girl out for the first time, “if this goes wrong all hell will brake loose” except the consequences could be a bit more dire, here. I had considered visiting the police station, would be a great story, also had genuine curiosity. But I remembered I have a skypointment with my psychiatrist, then my brother and possibly a good friend after that too. I had planned on composing music and writing furthermore.
           
Moon is very intense up here
            Was much fun, the driver had hinted (other than trying to scare my by telling me I could get expulsed from beloved country) what should we do? Happily they did not rage at my proposal for the win-win situation. We changed direction as I shared my knowledge of the surrounding streets. I told them I needed not to be taxied back home ( as in truth I still wanted to mire the skies, music alight). But they insisted, halfway back, Driver asked about my promise and I diligently obliged. Paid the fare by taping the (thankfully) crisp and new bill on his shoulder. It is interesting how I felt relieved as they were upstanding police officers and accepted the tax without playing the “what 100 soles bill? I never received a 100 bill” game, also when Driver asked for a cigar he accepted the true fact I only sported the one interrupted by their small incursion in my moment. Conversation shifted.
            “In Switzerland? I studied visual arts. the downside is that you find yourself getting arrested for smoking cigars in fountains after that”. Laughter greeted me from their once antipathic throats. Was “bold” (mostly stupid) enough to answer that I did sometimes indulge in marijuana and got a first hand confirmation that it is illegal in this country, said I preferred not smoking and enjoying the generous country. I was thankful I could afford being honest (as it is of foremost importance to me, it is alike a buil din mechanism and yet a conscious, to a point I could get myself in an unnecessarily uncomfortable situation!). They told me that the night was dangerous with bad men roaming about.  Mostly realized it was dangerous to indulge in an uncommon quirk, wearier of what the officers could do than enthusiast Peruvian drunks wanting to share an image of me.

Big Jesus in magnificent light

            I found myself telling them that “here was fine” as I had learned thanks to previous interaction with taxis. We shaked hands alike real men with an understanding. Did I mention I promised to behave from now on?
Entered the corridor to my Cusquenian domain, lit the cigar I had put out on the ground nearing the police’s ride, and plugged back in. Thought about venturing back to an open sky but decided not to chance another meeting with aforementioned protectors of turism’s interest, Oddly enough for what would be the fault? Still felt like they would yearn to interact again if we were to meet this very night, maybe they would have taken offense as if I had not listened. So I settled on smoking it in the school’s courtyard that prepared for administration, nursery and… police academy!
Of course I wondered if 50 would have been enough, but at the time I was sure there was that “bonus” 100 in the sock resting in the shoes at my bare feet, not so sure about what was left in my wallet. I felt happy about my Spanish and realized that the 116 hours1/2 of classes had paid off. Much more tangible evaluation than a graded paper!
Mixed feeling arose when comprehension dawned; I just had contributed to corruption… But hey I’ll keep my Sunday engagements! Can’t get it all but somehow I don’t really feel bummed by that just right now.

Cat finding shelter in the afternoon rain
            Washed my feet wishing that the 16th century colonial cathedral’s surveillances cameras had been a little less keen on betraying me. I had enjoyed the moment for less than 10 minutes, but enjoyed it truly. Dried wondering why some people find the need to make up stories.

Much love,

Scott

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire