mercredi 12 mars 2014

Should have taken more time to choose a title



Belltower near school
It is fun how weeks can be so full and so different yet. This week, I discovered the orphanage, met a new teacher (which is thankfully as good as the one before and actually corresponds better than the one before) I have been sick (orl) and moved in a new apartment. It is actually a small house, with living room, kitchen, bathroom, and beds on the second floor mezzanine! I feel like a rich man, it is the biggest place I have rented alone (or in a couple)  in this lifetime. The price is cheap, although most gringos will be looking for a better deal. What the deal with better deals anyways? Perù is a country in political and economical turmoil, we on the other hand have so much buying power we use a lot of crap back home. So yeah sometimes I’ll haggle but I often end up feeling a bit bad. They bend most rules for tourists (although I have not asked for it). It is actually illegal to smoke in the streets.

They Also sell cats in small tiendas (just kidding)

            Wow, it is the first time I don’t really know what to write, certainly because this week has been filled with intimate emotions that I shall not share in such a media. I’ll write more about the orphanage later when I know more.

Drawing "class"

            Yet they are very nice and have an easy healthy relationship to touch, hug bear!
They help each other and care for the younger one, a bit more complex when they have the same age. Especially when they are pre teen, like that in a lot of industrialized places I guess.
            In hotchscotch the “sky” spot is replaced by “mom” and “dad”. And during a birthday when Brandon was asked what to wish for I couldnt help myself and think he might want a family. They have very few possessions and yet some leave them everywhere. A child offered drugs, or asked for them, I don’t know he seemed “out of it”, but what you don’t know you don’t know, he might have been physically abused to a point in which is brain is damaged.
            I was called a professora, and I mostly draw alongside them, trying to make them draw of their own volition and try new stuff. I only recently realized that a kid would come in to simply copy a paper and leave, I suspect he was told he had to do this, so he is contempt to do a thing and leave. Others comes early and I must “kick them out”, drawing without models and being very invested. Hey they even managed to try a few exercises, and I think what I explained have gone through to them.

Cusco! (what do you expect I'll be living here for 3 more months)
            Yesterday saw a Peruvian movie on los terrucos I feel the story took place 20-30 years ago. Very interesting movie. Liked it. I understand more the fear of the people. Often around me there is some sort of scare. You might be…this might happen….yadiyada. of course you might. It is just sometimes weird how in spite of themselves they seem to choose such a reality, seem to create that vision. Thankfully I have no problems with that, “what I have to work on” is in another area of life.
            Speaking of which, I have no wifi at my new place. It was a bit harrowing at first. But I just realized I’ll be free of expectations. Most of the gringo community operates through facebook. And I have spent a few minutes in evenings waiting for a bit whilst others would make their minds. I enjoyed going out with them and sometimes was worth the wait. But really, Waiting’s not my thing. I can show up early and “do something” with the time remaining. You know when you have a meeting and are early you simply have “free time with yourself until” but waiting for others to choose, yeah not really.
            Big plus I have checked on the "airport" and seems only a little parasitic wifi reaches my place, placebo or not I have slept very well!

Yeah cooking again! since more than 50 days!!!! (also selfie with "no hands")
            I actually feel more free, more at home without wifi. It is trully a private place. Internet does not “butt in” my house. Went to bed earlier too. It’ll make me good not to go out if there is no plan. Interestingly enough without wifi and moving in sick makes a combination for peace and taking care of myself. I think I’ll be quite happy there. You know how we all have that “moment” we are waiting for to “write that book” or “start painting” or whatever we tell ourselves we will do “one day” (and some of us literally do it for one day only). Well I kind of have that setting right there. I am actually looking forward to seeing how it feels to live without internet. How crazy is that? That medium is so strong I have to redo the experience of living without it as I have actually already done that for the 10-15 first years of my life. I bought my first personal computer when I was 19! Yet 27 and must undergo a withdrawal from domestic Internet. I do not know how many herbal teas I’ll purchase in order to “be connected” (go to a coffee shop I mean). Weird how it is more important for everyday life here than to keep in touch with strong friends back home.

Couldn't help myself. (pour les francophones surtout)

Oddly enough I find myself missing Alaska.
I have been thinking of home this past week. The “spiritual” people I have met in Cusco keep trying to make me believe I’ll never leave the place. As if they are proud of being stuck here. Don’t get me wrong, it is a very interesting place with a strong energy, the things I have learned are very interesting and I find a community that would be expressed a “hippies that succeeded”. Not stoners that have a truthful research for life, but they have this weird pride of having found the “best place” as if they had created it themselves. And truth be told, perhaps because I was orl sick I miss the clean fresh air of the Swiss mountains. Maybe I should go out this week end (out of the city) but I have been almost every week end and it does not change the week day pollution. Weird I am taken by a bout of searching “the best pandemic movie of all times” on the google. People around me, today in this coffee shop, have been coughing alike me.

So much more on my mind

Tell me about the skies!
Yeah I just reread what I thought was a small entry (like a paragraph or two) man can I go on! Anyways, behind again. But I want to post something but I am departing from the wifi spot (a nice bar by the way the cross keyes). And I have not finished my actual post so I will post this one instead (I think a couple post might be swallowed by time itself and “never” be published).

Love love

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire