lundi 27 janvier 2014

Old old new york


I’ll have to start this post by precising my current mind of state:

            I am a bit tired, but I really am feeling my internal balance trying to adjust to the lack of movement (the motion of the ocean). The last two days at sea were rocking quite a bit. My body weight would change to up to 16% depending on the force of the heaving and falling of the boat. So I am quite shaky still and am feeling a bit jet lagged maybe, it's harder to evaluate. On the big Boat I spent a lot of time awake and slept an average of 5 hours per night, by the end more around 4hours. I slept 12 hours last night. The trip was very intense and it took a lot of energy to be exalted. I am tired and disoriented but not necessarly depressed. It is important you understand that because of what I am about to write.

I did feet very sad yesterday and I realized I needed to relax and take time for myself these next few days. So I spend time inside and upload videos and write and sort out blogs and vlogs and work on an Internet site and just chill and read. I am taking care of myself and I kind of am waiting to be in Cusco, truth be told.

            Yet I still need to eat, so I got out for short walks around the neighborhood. I am staying in New York in an apartment 10 blocks away from Union Square. Thankfully there is a wholefoods on Union Square so I manage to eat two healthy (expensive) meals per day.

About 14th street.
            Well the prospects are grim, I look at people and I wonder where they are, most are hiding in their brain mental. A very few actually seem to be looking around them but I am already stretching the numbers.  12 year old kids bear a look that reads “ I am a man and you have to believe it or else”. In some grown men I see the cadavers of dreams injected by hoghwash television, and I am very confused for I have no idea at all what they are doing or were they are going,
Sifting through the gaze of those would speed walk I have not found stability, they are running after time itself. I have yet to find one person that gives the impression of having time. The streets are dirty and noisy, alike the energy of those around. The sky is rendered shy by metal, glass and brick bullies. The absence of animals is telltale sign of profound dysfunction.

            I let my ears and eyes take in the street but even with all of so much of everything I have a hard time finding richness. Inspiration is a timid friend in this corner of town. Too much information, saturated colors somehow manage to be livid. Every shop seems to come in shabby shack size. There are more shops than apartment entryways.

 In a few days I’ll meet a friend from the cruise who knows the town. We’ll be doing fun stuff, art and weird Superbowl events. In the mean time I experience the same feeling that so many bear in this monster town, anonymity. At that I recoil for it is a dangerous mistress when you are not alone. Many are having an affair with her in this city.




            
Comming up a post medley of thoughts and experiences I had on the boat that I did not have yet to time to publish. so something more usual to my spirit.

Cheerio! hehe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire