dimanche 26 janvier 2014

Free & Brave








I arrived in New york City today. A few hours ago actually.  And I must say I am quite tired. Over time I met great people and forged strong bonds. It really feel like the end of a great vacation camp. Except you usually go back home, pour a nice bath, put in the clothes in the dryer and chill in familiar environment in the comfort and safety of your own home. Well I arrive in a gargantuan hyper city, unknown at that. In a stranger’s house. The neighborhood is downtrodden, I expect a lot of places are downtrodden compared to Geneva. But it does not seem particularly dangerous. I am 5 minutes from union square and there seems to be a lot of different venues around. I will most certainly relax inside today.





            This morning was incredible. Strong winds and lower 0s Farenheit made for extreme weather, I had to burn stamina quite rapidly to sustain energy, my fingers really hate me now. At least there is sporadic, if no, wind.





            I said goodbye to the incredible group of friends I met on the cruise. We were all at a turning point in life it seems. Cruise riders (entertainers and frequent guests) have an intriguing lifestyle. I would be scared to work on such a boat. I would start and then 10 years have gone by and there is no more place to call home… The experience was incredible I will probably do another one later on, but the quality was so high it will probably hard to avoid expectations. I hanged out with people mostly 10-15 years older than me but felt comfortable.
            It might sound whatever but I really felt deeply appreciated, there was lots of love coming my way.





At the end of Friday night we ended in the library. Which ironically was the one place in the boat that was not alight during night. There I read prose I have composed during the travel, I had been yearning to share and the opportunity presented itself beautifully. The next day most told me that is had been their favorite moment of the whole trip. It has been very powerful for me and, unsurpringly, an experience that has gone straight to the depths of my soul, they listened to my music and enjoyed it greatly. It is very rewarding as I am now living a realization of sorts. I have been creating myself these past years and I now get to see the results. By the end of the trip strangers would come to me and ask me if I was Scott? Crazy moments.



            I am in a sort of secondary state of mind. Tired and mind blown by the events that took place during the cruise. As much as there was 1600 crew member and around 1000 passengers it really felt like a small community. I ended by spending most of my time with entertainers and artists, and it was a great crowd. We really got to become a temporary “family” in the end. Some I know I will meet again. Others we will keep in touch via Internet.



            I am very tired and will probably have a mellow day, as much as my host is in the next room, Sunday leisure. I really feel the need to relax. I’ll work hard not to go to sleep to early (during the day)




             
New York does not really appeal at first sight, and I believe I will find there most inside delights as the streets are not necessarily enticing. Walked pas Times square and well Really make you feel like in a bad science fiction movie.





I am now posting videos I did during the transatlantic crossing. It was too expensive (and slow) to try an upload them during the trip. So as much as I am not on the cruise anymore. and I would have preferred to share on the moment as the whole feel of the ship has been evolving greatly. I still do want to share. Most if not all are in French, sorry about that. Sleep is trying to pry me from noon and bring me unto waking up at sundown, which can be very depressing. Especially after having had quite deep connection with people recently met with whom I parted ways already. I am looking forward to cusco and finding some stability, some time for I will have quite the time to look around. I still do not really know what I am doing in NYC but the week will go by fast. I am still, much more beckoned by the west coast than here. Although I know of my lack of knowledge about the town and whom I will meet I can keep myself from kinda wanting to go soon at cusco. Things are perfects as they should be, plus I get to see a friend part from Wednesday.


I am literally writing this while falling asleep. Had to concentrate and rewrite this very sentence 6 times.

Later,

I went to whole foods for a real meal deal. Back now and fighting against slippery sleep. One thing that is fun when you disembark a ship on which you have been for a long time, you will often feel the motion of the ocean as if you were there went in fact it inst happening



                        

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire